Contact Us

If the inspection carried out for the mortgage lender is only a valuation, what sort of survey do I need?

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, by whom we are regulated, has produced a helpful consumer guide to explain what might be the best survey for you.

In general terms, however, an RICS Building Survey is generally recommended for old, larger houses. The RICS HomeBuyer report is appropriate for most family homes and an RICS Condition Report is a brief overview on condition only and as it does not contain a valuation, it can be commissioned by sellers as well as vendors.

RICS HomeBuyer Report

This is the most popular type of report because it is a concise economy service for modern and Victorian property.

It includes comment on all visible sections of the property including condition ratings to elements of the building using a traffic light system to flag if :

Serious/urgent repairs are needed,

Whether investigations are advised or if,

Components can be readily cared for under normal maintenance.

Advice is given in respect of the value of the property and the reinstatement cost for insurance purposes is also included.

To order an RICS HomeBuyer report online, enter the postcode of the target property below to take you to the relevant principal surveyor’s office where you will find the Conditions of Engagement and price for the report.

We can offer all three services to suit your needs and requirements. For further information please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Email: [email protected] | [email protected]

Request for a any valuation advisory services

Click here